6 year foreskin restoration progress report
I have been restoring my foreskin for 6 years. In that time I have seen my restored foreskin get longer and longer, and then shorter and shorter as I lost weight. Fortunately, I am seeing my foreskin getting longer and longer again.
It does not bother me that I am still tugging my foreskin 6 years after I started. I still believe in the many benefits of foreskin restoration.
But one question that I anticipate is Why am I still restoring after 6 years?
When I started restoring my foreskin I thought that I would be done in 2 years. As it turned out, I was not far from my estimate. After two years of tugging I had full flaccid coverage almost all the time. I was experiencing more sensitivity in my penis than I remember ever having before. And I no longer was irritated by my shorts rubbing against what sensitive bits I had on my penis.
But I wanted more. More inner foreskin, to be precise. I wanted enough inner foreskin to cover my glans. I also wanted more foreskin so that I had full erect coverage, not just full flaccid coverage. So I kept on tugging. Maybe with a bit less fervor because I had come so far. But I still kept tugging.
When I changed my lifestyle in 2012 I never expected that losing the weight I had carried for so long would impact my restored foreskin. Sadly, though, as I lost weight I also lost the progress I had made with my restoration. As the layer of fat on my abdomen shrank, so too did my restored foreskin.
After losing 50 pounds in 18 months I found that my foreskin was much shorter. My penis, though, was much longer. As my fat pad shrank, my penis stuck out further. It sticks out about an inch further now. Before I lost weight my flaccid length ranged between 3 and 3-1/2 inches. Now it ranges between 4 and 4-1/2 inches. That means I need another 2 inches of foreskin to keep the same flaccid coverage I had before losing the weight.
This change did not happen overnight, though. I was getting a bit discouraged with tugging when I started losing weight. I kept tugging and my foreskin restoration was not showing any progress, but even seemed to be going backwards. I had lost a lot of weight before I realized what was going on. Then I started tugging with a bit more fervor because I liked the coverage I had. I wanted to keep it.
I was not to keep the coverage, though. Two-and-one-half years after starting to loose weight I am almost at the same point as I was at the 2 year mark. I have almost full flaccid coverage again, almost all the time. Not quite, but almost.
I used to only need to wear a retainer to bed. Without a retainer my nocturnal erections would wake me. During the day my briefs kept my foreskin over my glans. I have not yet reached that point. I am close, but I still need to occasionally wear a retainer during the day. It is much less frequent than it was just a couple months ago, but I want more coverage!
So I keep on tugging. I am still using manual method 2 as my primary tugging method. I tug every morning in the shower for about 5 minutes. I have an evening tugging session that lasts about 5 to 10 minutes. I know if I tugged more frequently during the day my progress would be greater. I don't because I am satisfied with my progress and two tugging sessions a day fits my current lifestyle.
- 5 year progress report for my foreskin restoration
- 50 month progress report for my foreskin restoration
- Weight loss and foreskin restoration
- 42 month progress report for my foreskin restoration
- 30 Month progress report for restoring my foreskin
- 24 Month progress report for restoring my foreskin
- Almost 2 years of restoring my foreskin
- 21 Month progress report for restoring foreskin
- 18 Month progress report for restoring foreskin
- 16 Month progress report for restoring foreskin
- 15 Month progress report for restoring foreskin
- 1 year progress report for restoring foreskin
- Nine month progress report for restoring foreskin
- Three month progress report for restoring foreskin
- Two month progress report for restoring foreskin
- My awakening: Starting my foreskin restoration journey
- List of posts about the benefits of foreskin restoration
- Weight loss and foreskin restoration
- See my foreskin restoration progress pictures at Restoring Foreskin.org