On being a webmaster: An update
I went to bed last night (actually, early this morning) with high hopes that the DNS would finish propagating and RestoringForeskin.org would be accessible to all. Sadly, I woke to a continued mess.
After more looking and reading and examining and experimenting and checking and pulling my hair out, I discovered a typo in the nameserver DNS zone record. The IP address for ns2.tnameserver.info had one digit off.
I corrected the typo and within minutes I noticed a difference. Checking the name servers, I saw that they started reporting the correct address for the site. Traffic to the site grew to normal levels within an hour. This is how I remember DNS propagation working.
I am a happy camper, again.
My first problem was not correctly adding a DNS A record to the name server domain. My second problem, which I just discovered earlier today, was a typo in the newly added A record in the DNS Zone for the secondary nameserver.
- Argh! The agony of being a webmaster Part one of this saga of DNS problems.